Being cloud software, we are able to update and improve Checkmybooks on a regular basis and yesterday we released our latest version. Many of the changes are the direct result of recent user feedback.
This was a big release which included changes to the presentation of the Review tab, the addition of 13 new checks and lots of general performance and reliability improvements.
- New UI for Review Points which now includes the value in each section header bar and shows a tick (checkmark) when all items in a collapsed section have been dealt with.
- Improvements to the UI for Clients and Jobs, added guidance notes to top of all tabs
- New check for potential fixed asset items in profit and loss accounts
- New check for asset accounts with a credit balance
- New check for liability accounts with a debit balance
- New check for inconsistent VAT codes
- New check for unusually large transactions
- New check for inconsistent debit transactions
- New check for inconsistent credit transactions
- New check for control account being different to aged balances
- New checks (2) for potentially tax disallowable items
- New checks (2) for VAT potentially reclaimed in error
- New check for VAT potentially not charged in error
- Improvements to speed of updating Job stats
- Manager now cc'd on system emails to Clients
- Improvements to performance of Opening Balances tab
- Help site launched
- Links to detailed specs for Review Points added
- Various bug fixes and performance improvements
As ever, your feedback on this new version is very welcome and keep those suggestions coming in please.